We’re looking for the best to work with the best!
Multiurethanes is the innovative leader in grouting applications providing knowledgeable, hands-on expertise to tunneling, mining, heavy civil, utility, deep excavations, and geotechnical grouting applications. The Multiurethanes team of experts brings industry-leading best practices and training to every grouting project.
As General Manager, you will provide leadership, business development, technical expertise, planning and implementation for all in-house corporate operations, as well as for overall project management on a wide variety of field construction activities dedicated to quality, safety, and exceptional customer service.
Multiurethanes has experienced substantial business growth in recent years and the General Manager is expected to significantly increase future revenues and profits.
This is a unique career opportunity in a highly specialized field.
- Establish, manage and maintain standards, processes and training with appropriate systems to direct, monitor, control and expand all business development and technical engineering operations, including supporting finance, procurement, inventory and asset management activities.
- Hire, manage, evaluate and develop direct reporting management and supervisory personnel and monitor, measure, record and report on human resource strategies and issues.
- Implement superior and industry specific health and safety policies, practices and skills development satisfying statutory, corporate and industry-leading standards for in-house operations as well as for personnel working on industrial, heavy civil and mining industry project sites.
- Forecast, set objectives and monitor detailed sales strategies and activities.
- Significantly increase overall corporate revenues and profits by expanding existing business channels, developing new business opportunities and implementing best practice business development activities.
- Develop, implement and monitor a quality management strategy including resources, systems, financials and engineering in support of the corporate business plan and long term strategy.
- Solve operational related issues using contemporary best practice business, engineering, construction and human resource skills.
- Maintain an advanced level of knowledge of all codes and regulations mandated by industry standards for all technical applications, project assignments and health and safety, ensuring compliance with Multiurethanes, Ministry of Labour and Worker Safety Board requirements in various provincial, national and international jurisdictions.
- Extensive track record of progressive technical, supervisory, and business development achievements working on diverse underground mine construction, mine operation, deep excavation, tunnelling, geotechnical, grouting and heavy civil construction projects situated throughout Canada, the USA and in international locations.
- At least 20 years of diversified hands-on project experience working with major mining and construction organizations.
- Graduate / post graduate education in mining, civil engineering, heavy civil construction and project management.
- Proven business development skills selling specialized materials, equipment and services to mining, industrial and heavy civil construction projects.
- Demonstrated accomplishment as author of business publication articles and in presentations to public audiences.
- Substantial training, development and coaching skills and experience.
- Safety focused attitude, behaviour, accomplishments and credentials.
- Versatility as demands and priorities change frequently to accommodate critical customer requirements.
- Ability to work extended hours, including periodic national and international travel, in varied work environments dependent on time and budget constraints.
- Leadership of a team of engineers, administrators and grouting specialists.
- Active participation in relevant professional, technical and industry associations.
- Fluency in written and spoken English is required; French / Spanish fluency will be considered an asset.
- Valid and current certifications of professional, technical, safety, supervisory and management training.
- Competitive base salary, performance incentives and benefits plan.
- An opportunity to lead a motivated team of technical professionals.