Multiurethanes is the innovative leader in grouting applications providing knowledgeable, hands-on expertise to tunneling, mining, heavy civil, utility, deep excavations, and geotechnical grouting applications. The Multiurethanes team of experts brings industry-leading best practices and training to every grouting project.
As Operations Manager, you will provide leadership and general business expertise, planning and implementation for all in-house services and logistical operations, as well as for overall management support on a wide variety of internal operational activities dedicated to quality, safety, and exceptional customer service.
Multiurethanes has experienced substantial business growth in recent years and the Operations Manager is expected to significantly contribute toward future growth.
- Establish, manage and maintain standards, processes and training with appropriate systems to direct, monitor, control and expand all operational activities, including human resources, information technology, procurement, warehousing, logistics, facilities, equipment, inventory and asset management activities.
- Hire, manage, evaluate and develop direct reporting operational and supervisory personnel and monitor, measure, record and report on human resource strategies and performance.
- Implement superior and industry specific health and safety policies, practices and skills development satisfying statutory, corporate and industry-leading standards for in-house operations, as well as for company personnel working on industrial, heavy civil and mining industry project sites.
- Develop, implement and monitor a quality management strategy including resources and systems in support of corporate business planning and long term strategy.
- Solve operational related issues using contemporary best practice business and human resource skills.
- Maintain an advanced level of knowledge of all codes and regulations mandated by industry standards for health and safety, ensuring compliance with Multiurethanes, Ministry of Labour and Worker Safety Board requirements.
- Extensive track record of progressive technical and supervisory expertise in Operations Management.
- At least 15+ years of diversified hands-on experience working with various service-oriented organizations.
- Post secondary education in Operations Management and / or Project Management.
- Demonstrated accomplishment in MS Office Suite, ERP systems, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proficiency and experience in training, personnel development and coaching skills.
- Safety focused attitude, behaviour, accomplishments and credentials.
- Versatility as demands and priorities change frequently to accommodate critical customer requirements.
- Ability to work extended hours in support of the varied work environments and time constraints established by our customers.
- Leadership of a team of technical and administrative support staff.
- Active participation in relevant professional and industry associations.
- Fluency in written and spoken English is required; other language fluency will be considered an asset.
- Valid and current certifications of professional, technical, safety, supervisory and management training.
- Competitive base salary and benefits plan.
- An opportunity to lead a motivated team of technical professionals.